It’s tough to get on early enough to take part in FMM on the West Coast! But I’m going to keep trying!
The rules from Kenlie:
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic! Inside Your Home
1. Do you live in an apartment/condo, townhouse or house? I live in a condo, but it’s townhouse style. I’m in the second unit in, so I do have shared walls on 2 sides.
2. What is your home’s coolest feature? Aside from the Hollywood Glam bathroom (which is awesome, but mostly due to my decorating) – my favorite feature about the place is the spiral staircase to the second floor. I always have wanted to have a spiral staircase, since I was a little kid.
3. Do you enjoy DIY projects? If so, what are you working on now? I do enjoy them. I’m just lousy about the execution. Our last home improvement project was adding lights under our kitchen cabinets. We got a kit from IKEA and it turned out pretty great! I still want to try and make my own tile mosaic back splash behind my stove. I just don’t have a lot of room, so I think I’d have to make it on a board and then mount it to the wall.
4. When using the dishwasher do you use powder detergent or liquid? I use those little pouch style guys from Finish. I think I usually get Finish Quantum. I’ve found it to be the best at cleaning and not leaving spots.
5. Do you have a TV in your bedroom? No. I firmly believe in keeping TV out of the bedroom. I hate having it on when I’m trying to sleep, and I believe the studies that show it’s harder to get to sleep if you’ve just watched television or been on the computer. I like dedicating my bedroom to sleeping, reading, and of course, other activities.
6. Is your range gas or electric? Electric, but at least it’s the sealed glass top kind. I miss gas stoves and I think it heats better, but there is no gas in my whole community, so what can you do?
7. How often do you sweep/mop/vacuum? Not nearly enough.
8. What is your favorite place to shop for home furniture and accents? I love IKEA, but World Market is also really awesome. I love their stuff. I do have a lit of a modern vibe to my decorating taste. I’ve recently discovered Z Gallerie and I’m pretty much in awe of their stuff.
9. Do you decorate for holidays? Usually. There was one year when it just didn’t happen. I still want to get a real Christmas tree sometime, but I don’t want to bring in any more spiders.
10. If you could have HGTV come in and redo one room in your home which room would you choose? Probably the kitchen. It’s small and has original cabinets, it’s the room we are working on slowly to upgrade. We replaced the appliances already, but I’d love to have the cabinets refurbished, replaced or wrapped. Also the big fluorescent light has GOT to go. We want to remove all that and have can lights in the ceiling and hopefully remove the drop.