First of all, thanks for all the feedback on the “Tales of my Fitness Past” series of posts. I’m not done yet, but it’s been a great experience for me to write about it, get the photos together and process stuff from the other side.
For my own fitness – this week hasn’t been great. I’ve picked up the mythical Southern California Common Cold. Ugh. I’ve been taking it easy to get rid of it, but I’m looking forward to hitting it hard when I can breathe out of my nose again. Hopefully that is tomorrow.
My Fitbit went for another joy ride in the washing machine last week. Luckily, 2 days in a plastic bag full of rice and we’re back in business. My sleeping has been crap lately, so hopefully with the Fitbit I can get some data on when I’m waking up.
I’m very excited for another round of Friend Makin’ Mondays!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Choose three songs that would be on the soundtrack of your life. “Goody Two Shoes” – Adam Ant, because I really am a rule follower. “Center of Attention” – Guster, is pretty much the story of my life. I’m the stereotypical only child. “Last Train to Trancentral ” – the KLF, because that energy is what I try to bring to whatever I do. I’m always striving for that.
2. Share the details of one project that you’re currently working on. I’m working on getting our office under control. We down-sized our office space with every place we’ve moved and even though we’ve gotten rid of things long the way, there’s just not enough room to have the stuff and be able to work. The space is small, and we have the sleeper sofa in here so it can double as a guest room. Guess what, the sofa gets covered in my crap. I think I’m going to set up a modular shelving unit in the hallway outside for the stuff that just won’t work in here but we have to be able to access easily.
3. If you could learn to do one thing overnight what would it be? I’d love to be able to sing. I’m pretty bad. My cat bites me when I sing, no joke.
4. If you could be a fictional character which one would you be? I really can’t think of a good answer to this. There’s been so much drama in my life, that it makes fiction look boring sometimes!
5. What’s your favorite thing about the month of October? When I lived in Maine, I’d say, it was the changing color of the leaves. Now that I’m in California – probably Pink for October. Breast cancer research and awareness is an issue that I really care about, and I’m glad that the word gets spread, even if the proceeds don’t always get back to where they should go. Anything that reminds women to get themselves checked and to do self exams is a good thing.
6. Share one TV show that you’re embarrassed to admit you watch. I love Keeping Up with the Kardashians and all of the spin-offs. I think Khloe is one of the funniest people ever. Despite the fact that they are wealthy people leading a fabulous life on TV, I think they do work hard and they do give back to the community.
7. Name one friend that you’re thankful to have in your life today. I am always thankful for everyone in my life, but I just got back from brunch with Michele. She’s been a dear friend since we were 14. We’ve been through a lot in our lives, together and apart. She moved out here to SoCal this summer and it’s a gift to be able to see her most every day. She understands me in a way many people don’t, and we have the same sense of humor. It’s nice to have someone laugh at my jokes all the time!
8. What was the most relaxing part of your weekend? I got to do some “gardening” yesterday. I’ve been in the process of repotting the plants that have survived me and my brown thumb. I hope I can keep them alive for awhile. I’m kind of guilty because one was sent to me (in the mail!) by my mom (it was one of her own) when I first moved here 4 and a half years ago and it isn’t looking so great.
9. Do you like to dance? I love to dance. I probably look ridiculous, but it’s very fun. I got to dance the night away with a friend at a wedding this summer. It was awesome.
10. Share one thing that you’re looking forward to before the end of the year. I’m looking forward to stepping up my training. If I’m going to do the triathlon next year, I’d better make sure I can handle the bike and road portion! I’m not worried about the swim at all. Well, I haven’t tried the swim in open water or in a wet suit, so maybe that’s not true.