It’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these! Stupid West Coast time difference makes it difficult to get this done at a decent time. But, I’m being tricky and getting it done EARLY. I need to get all Christmas related errands done this week to be over the finish line.
So here’s what you need to know about Friend Makin’ Mondays: Check out my Q&A’s. Add your answers to your blog, then copy the link at All the Weigh so everyone can see your answers. It’s a great group of people!
1. How will you celebrate the holidays this year? We are staying here in San Diego. I don’t want to travel anywhere there may be snow after the Great Holiday Travel Fiasco of 2007.
2. What’s the weather currently like where you live? Like I mentioned, I live in Southern California. The mornings are cool, the day is pleasantly warm. (I was at the beach in a tank top and skirt today) The evenings get cool again. And by cool I mean 50s and 60s. Brrr.
3. Do you decorate your home for the holidays? If so, share a picture please! We usually do. This year we have got our decorations all out. My husband and I are both from New England, so there are different decorating traditions there. I’m trying to mix it up.
4. What is your favorite Christmas movie? I love Rudolph. I also love the Charlie Brown Christmas special. But as far as live action, I have to go with “Scrooged.”
5. What is your favorite Christmas songs? I took a lot of Latin as a teenager in school. So Adeste Fideles is one of my all time favorites. I was a part of a sorority with a fun Christmas tradition that makes “Here We Come A- Wassailing” another good one. I love “Jingle Bell Rock” for a secular song. But I have to say, my favorite obscure song is “I Bought You a Plastic Star (For your Aluminum Tree)” because it means even more living here in palm tree territory.
6. Do you have an advent calendar? We usually get a one-use one and this year’s came from Starbucks.
7. Do you prefer color lights or white lights? Color lights are the best!
8. What is your favorite food to eat over the holidays? My mom makes the BEST peanut butter balls ever. She used to send us some, but then my husband went and got Diabetes, so she stopped. I’m joking, but she has stop sending us the treats since he can’t enjoy them as well.
9. Do you display a live tree, or do you prefer fake trees? I like live trees. They smell and feel the best. This is the first year we’ve had one since Maine. I was scared to get one and bring spiders in, but we bit the bullet and got one this year. Setting it up was full of drama with the tree stand. But it looks great! I’m even looking past the little spider web on my star. We also have a silver fiber optic mini tree and a pink “California tree” that I am decorating with only with ornaments that have no reference to winter and snow. If I could get a full sized silver tree, like they had in the 50’s, I’d probably be content to never get a live tree again.
10. What would you need to make your holiday perfect this year? I don’t really *need* anything because I’m a really lucky girl, and very blessed. That said, if my extended family could not pour on the drama that I’ll have to hear about over the phone 19 million times, that would be fantastic. Sometimes being on the other side of the country has its advantages.