So when exactly did it get to be Christmas Eve? I went from being well-prepared for the holidays to running around OMG and WTF at the last bell. We don’t travel back to Maine, we stay here in San Diego. I had the worst Christmas trip home in 2006 and my family and I agreed that talking on the phone and Skype would be enough.
My oldest friend, a girl who was my closest friend in high school, my rock in college, and my roommate when we hit “the big city” now lives here. Patrick and I are going to share our holiday traditions with her. He’s planning on cooking a yummy Christmas dinner for us and we’ll all do stockings first thing in the morning. Overall, very chill, and not rushed, which is nice.
The following are my answers to this week’s FMM. Answer this week’s series of questions on your own blog, link them up at All The Weigh, then go back to the comments and see what everyone else had to say.
1. I want to…really make a go of my small business idea in 2013. My job search has been more than tough. If no one will hire me, I will hire myself.
2. I’ve never…been happier with myself, as I am, than I have been this year.
3. I believe…that the ghost of my friend’s deceased cat, who’s ashes are currently staying in my house while my friend is between houses, is real and has been messing with the TV remote.
4. My mind often wonders…why the internet has made people so quick to judge. I thought having an open culture would bring people together, but I see so much bitterness and anger out there.
5. Last night I dreamed that…I met Wil Wheaton. That’s the only detail I can remember clearly!
6. This morning for breakfast I ate…Banana Stuffed French Toast. It was worth it.
7. My love life is…very happy and good. I’m married to the other half of myself that I never knew was missing.
8. I enjoy…being the center of attention. It can be problematic.
9. When I was a child I used to…act like a mini adult. I had my entire childhood in 4 years of college. Being an only child is interesting.
10. When I’m in the kitchen I…am usually doing the dishes. We seem to have so many of them.
11. My favorite exercise is…a toss up between swimming or step aerobics.
12. When I travel I…pack lightly, roll my clothes, and plan for the unexpected.
13. My friends would tell you that I am…fiercely loyal, devoted, concerned with their well-being.
14. If I had to eat at a fast food restaurant today I would choose…Subway.
15. My favorite…pet is my cat Tess. She’s more than a pet, she’s my friend, my daughter, my reason to be happy.
16. My home is…a work in progress. It’s true that you buy a house and then start changing EVERYTHING.
17. I read…the majority of news on Slate.com now that I have the app on my phone.
18. The last movie I saw was…Breaking Dawn. I was a little late to the theater to see it, but it was great. Better than the book.
19. Music makes me feel…like I can be the person I want to be. Music is just so evocative to me. I can find meaning in lyrics and melody and apply them to myself.
20. All I want for Christmas is…a good day with my husband and my oldest friend.