Maybe I missed the Monday release, but it’s never too late. I wanted to do an end of the year/start of the year post anyway, and this really sums up what I want to say.
Thank you for reading my blog this year. It really means a lot to me that people read what I write here. This has become a great avenue for me to keep track of myself, get my feelings out, work things out in writing, and be more transparent about my health and fitness reality.
It’s been a big year for me. I’ve done a great job in my training in 2012. And as a result of seeking help through a therapist in 2011, 2012 was been a mentally healthy year. I see my value now. I see that everyone has the same body image issues, the same feelings of low self worth. You are never alone. My situation is unique to me, but it’s okay. We all are in the same boat, just trying to find ways to be happy. I’ve stopped with the negative self talk, I’m taking time to be kind to myself. It’s making an incredible difference.
So this is Friend Makin’ Monday. These are my answers. Take a look and then answer them on your own blog. Head on over to All The Weigh to share with everyone else.
1. Share one thing that you plan to do for yourself in 2013. I’m going to cut out negative influences and emotional vampires out from my life. There are a few that I care about, but I care about myself more.
2. Share a good habit that you will continue doing into the new year. I’ve really got myself in a good head space this year. I’ve stopped beating myself up mentally. My self esteem is great, my insecurity is low, and I want to make sure I keep that up.
3. Do you make new year’s make resolutions? If so, do you typically stick to them? I am not a big resolution person, but I do believe in goal setting. New Years Resolution is a lot of pressure. I’m looking at it more of a reboot period. The only one I’ve ever stuck with is in 1999 my resolution was to balance my checkbook. I did this for one year. And then not again!
4. Do you have any health goals for the new year? 2012 was the year I got in to healthy gym habits. It was also the year I got strong. My strength training has been phenomenal, and I’ve lost around 20 lb. But, I’m ready to kick it up. 2013 is going to be about building on all I’ve done and really kick the fat burning into high gear.
5. Share one thing that you plan to do in January. I’m doing a 5K next weekend and I intend to set a PR.
6. Do you have any travel plans for the coming year? If so, where are you most excited to go? I’m planning on going back to Maine in April for my birthday, a dear friend’s birthday, and the 50th anniversary party for my sorority chapter at my college. I’m looking forward to catching up with family and my incredible friends and sorority sisters.
7. What are your plans for New Year’s Eve? Since I’m writing after the fact – we threw a small party at our home for some friends. We dress up in formal wear and play fairly raunchy party games. This year was Cards Against Humanity.
8. What are your resolutions for 2013? Keep up at the gym. Lose some fat. Eat cleaner. Give myself the tools I need to be happy.
9. What are you looking forward to most over the next 12 months? I’m looking forward to starting my business. And I’m also excited to be the President of my sorority’s alumnae chapter here in SD.
10. Share something unique that you hope to do in 2013. I’m going to do a sprint triathlon.