It’s still barely Monday here in San Diego, so I’m getting it in under the wire. I’ve been a terrible blogger lately. I had what I think was a strain of Flu B for the past 2 weeks. Flu B is generally not in the vaccine we get every year and isn’t as deadly as Flu A, but is still annoying and lingering. I’m feeling better, but not up to 100% yet.
ANYWAY, I love participating in Friend Makin’ Mondays. Here’s the deal. Answer these questions on your own blog, then post a link over at All The Weigh. That way, the super cool people over there can come visit your blog.
1. Share five things you hope to do before you die.
* Design a future home, from the beginning to end of new construction.
* Make my own wine.
* Swim with dolphins in the wild.
* Learn how to sing.
* Make an impact on the world that will carry on after I’m gone.
2. List five things you love about yourself.
* I love my freckles. Although I’m a natural brunette, my grandmother’s generation are all redheads, and I have the coloring. She taught me to love my freckles.
* I have a crazy memory. It’s not eidetic, but I have great sound recall and can visualize past events really well. My friends sometimes hate it.
* I’m tragically loyal to the people I love.
* I’m really, really strong.
* I see people’s potential. Even when they don’t see it themselves.
3. Share the five coolest things that you’ve done in 2013.
* I’ve finished 3 5k’s already, including beating my PR.
* I became President of my sorority’s alumnae group.
* I took a bunch of kids to Disneyland on my Silver Pass.
* I embarrassed by husband by getting Hello Kitty floor mats for my car.
* I had dinner with a former boss who was in town. She was a great inspiration for 20-something me when I worked for her. It was great to reconnect and get re-inspired.
4. List five things that you always have in your kitchen.
* Real butter. I can’t abide by the fake stuff. I say, use the real thing, in moderation.
* Dishes. I’ll be honest. I always have dirty dishes to do.
* Soy milk. I’m lactose intolerant. Real milk is out of the question now.
* Avocado oil. A new find. Flavorful, healthy, and has a great heat tolerance for cooking.
* Almonds. We have more cans of almonds than we should have. Such a yummy snack.
5. Share five places you would like to go on vacation.
* Hawaii. It’s the most popular vacation destination for the West Coast.
* Australia. Not keen about the huge spiders, but I miss Edmund McCombs and I’ve always wanted to see the country.
* Ireland. It’s where I’m from, sort of, give or take some potato famine, religious conversion, and migration.
* Japan. We’ve been planning a trip with friends for awhile now. It’s going to happen!
* Ibiza. I love 90’s club music and I’ve always been obsessed. It’s probably not as cool now, but I still want to go.
6. List five celebrities/public figures you’d like to meet.
* The Dali Lama
* Wil Wheaton
* Khloe Kardashian Odom
* Hillary Clinton
7. List five bands or artists you’d like to see perform live.
* Pearl Jam
* Spice Girls
(Can you tell I loved the 90’s?)
8. List five TV shows that you don’t want to miss.
* The Vampire Diaries
* Once Upon a Time
* Big Bang Theory
* Lost Girl
9. Share five things you wanted to do as a child.
* Become a scientist (It isn’t all it’s cracked up to be!)
* Move to California (DONE)
* Grow my hair out REALLY long. (Again, that’s a bad idea, KidLaurie.)
* Make friends with a whale.
* Write a book.
10. Share five things you hope to do in 2013.
* Travel home to see friends and family
* Finish 13.1
* Finish a sprint triathlon. (See: purpose of this blog and my nonsense.)
* Keep shrinking
* Launch my business.