Well, let’s see if I can get this out on a Monday!
I need to devote an entire blog post to some recent developments in my life, but I’ll tell you now that I have a whole lot of change coming up. The good thing about change, I think, is that you can take advantage of the new period of flux to also get some good habits in the routine, as well as culling some bad ones.
I also did a 5k yesterday. Ouch, my feet are still very angry. I have new orthotics, but it was tough on them.
If you’ve never participated in FMM – here’s the rules. Copy and paste these questions on your own blog, answer them, then go to All The Weigh and share your post’s link in the comments. Visit the other commenters as well!
1. What did you eat for dinner last night? We went to PF Chang’s and I had the Better Lemon Chicken with brown rice. My favorite dish there has been the Double Pan Fried noodles, but they recently took them off the menu. I guess it’s good to try new things because if I like something a lot at a restaurant, I usually only stick with that.
2. If you could make one food calorie-free for the next year, What would you choose? I can’t help to agree with Kenlie here. Cupcakes would be great if we could poof make them calorie free. If I had to choose a meal, I’d probably go with nachos. I’m a big fan of nachos, but that much cheese is usually a bomb.
3. How often do you go to the grocery store? I have a very bad habit of going one per day, or more. I live close to 2 stores, so I do a lot of shopping before a meal, which is terrible and something I’m going to try and work on.
4. Do you make a list before buying groceries? I don’t bring a list unless I’m making a dish I have to get ingredients for and I’m unfamiliar. Again, this is a bad idea and something I need to be better about.
5. List three things that can always be found in your kitchen. Kosher salt, soy milk, and Greek yogurt.
6. How often do you clean out your fridge? Usually I do a pass once a week, and once a month I do a deeper cleaning. We got a brand new fridge last year – gotta keep it nice!
7. Do you ever use a slow cooker? If so, will you share a recipe? I do! Mine recently had the insert piece break, so I bought a new one – have to try it out. I don’t have a great recipe to share. I usually make red sauce, chilli, and corned beef in it. I need to get more creative though.
8. How often do you try new recipes? Again, something I need to work on. I’m definitely a recipe follower, but my husband is more about creating things on the fly. I usually attempt a new something every month or so.
9. What is the most delicious meal(s) you make? My red sauce is phenomenal, I must say. I try and make bison meatballs to go with it. I also really like the version of Thai Peanut Chicken that my husband taught me to make.
10. Share at least one thing that is currently in your kitchen even though you don’t like it. I picked up some Bagel Thins for my husband, but I couldn’t find whole wheat, so I got white and “everything” flavored. That’s really his thing. I don’t mind Bagel Thins, but I like either sweet (cinnamon and raisin e.g.) or plain bagels.