Stayed tuned this week for some posts! I’m up in our Palo Alto place and I have a lot of ideas swirling around and a lot to update you on. Granted I’m on my laptop and I’m sorely missing my mouse, but I will have stuff to say, be sure!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
How Do You Celebrate?
1. When is your birthday? I celebrated mine on April 24.
2. Do you like to celebrate it or do you prefer to keep it quiet? I’m an annoying birthday person, really. I use it to get away with anything and everything that I can. But, while I can happily “pre-celebrate”, once the day comes and goes, I’m over it for the most part.
3. Have you ever had a surprise party? Yes. I’ve had 3 but only 1.5 actually surprised me. I’m very snoopy and stuff.
4. What sign are you? Does it represent you well? Taurus here, more or less on the Aries/Taurus cusp. I’m very well represented by my sign. Stubborn, loyal, fiercely protective. My Vietnamese astrology sign is Fire Dragon. That’s fairly true, too. When I get riled up, watch out!
5. Do you tell the truth about your age? Yes, although people tend to not believe me. I’m in my late 30’s and I don’t look it. I thank my mom’s genes. She was carded at 54.
6. Share your best birthday memory. I was in Greece and I was pretty homesick. I didn’t do well being away from my parents. I was turning 16. They called my hotel to wish me a happy birthday but I was at dinner down the street. Somehow the message got to me at the restaurant. Barely. The translation was choppy. I ran back to the hotel, but my parents weren’t on the line anymore. I think I looked tearful, and the hotel staff let me call my parents back on their main line. I was so grateful to hear their voices.
7. Share a few item that could be on your birthday wishlist. Oh wow. Well, as long as it’s a wishlist… I’d like a new car. A small SUV would be nice. We moved out Scion xB up to our place in Palo Alto this week so I’ll just have my little sporty del Sol down in San Diego. Sometimes you want a bigger car. Sometimes you want a car that’s bigger than a Prius. I also love the Disney Jasmine palette from Sephora.
8. What is your favorite kind of cake? Undoubtedly, I’m a cake fan overall. I can say my favorite cupcakes are chocolate with white frosting. I make a mean raspberry lemonade birthday cake.
9. If you could be anywhere on your next birthday, where would you be? That’s tough. I love being home in Maine with my parents. My dad and I have the same birthday, so it’s really special. But, that usually means I miss being with SD friends and often, my husband, who can’t travel as much as I can. Since I went to Maine this year, next year is probably a good year to celebrate in California.
10. Do you make a wish when you blow out the candles? I sure do!