Yes, it is Wednesday, not Monday. But I want to make sure I blog more, so I’m going to jump in! I’ve been off Paleo, and I think I see more of what it offered me off it than I did when I was on. I never felt that different as I was on it, but I think any changes were too gradual. Being off it has been different. I haven’t gotten back on the horse completely, but I’m getting there.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Ten Things That Make Me Happy
1. Tiffany & Co. I love Tiffany blue so much I painted my bedroom that color. I love Tiffany jewelry. My husband bought my engagement ring there because I told him how the diamonds sparkled differently. Sure, it’s expensive, but not only are the styles timeless, they are just a little bit quirky. Enough to make them awesomely original. Every time I go to a new Tiffany store, I go get my rings cleaned. And they are really nice to me, even though my rings aren’t giant by any means.
2. My cat, Tess. She’s the best. She’s my constant companion. She’s a mini me. She’s a diva. She’s trouble. She’s my daughter. I can’t even begin to tell you how much she means to me.
3. Alpha Phi. I’m not only a proud member, I’m happy to be serving at San Diego’s Alumnae Chapter President. This organization has given me so much as a college student and as an alum.
4. Lifting heavy weight. I get a special kick out of really killing the heavy lifting days. I’m not fast, I’m not coordinated, I’m not graceful, but I’m really, really strong.
5. Tennis. I’m so happy on the court. I have no idea why I don’t play more often.
6. Being home in Maine. I love California, truly. But I’m so happy when I’m at home in Maine. I miss my parents and I feel very connected with myself when I’m there.
7. The ocean. I’ve always loved it. It never fails to calm me down when I’m anxious. I don’t think I could ever live far away from it again.
8. Music. I’m not talented at all when it comes to music, but I love to listen to it, and I love that it makes me feel things.
9. Friends. I’m lucky to have great people in my life. I thought my college friends were the best, and they are. I learned how to keep surrounding myself with the best people. My San Diego friends are my urban family.
10. Last but not least, my husband! We’re currently living in a commuting situation at 2 different parts of the state, but we’re making it work. He’s my best friend, my partner in crime, the person I trust the most in the world, the guy that drives me crazy in every possible way. Going on 12 years together, it has yet to nearly get boring.