Please come back later for a post updating my crazy 10 days in the Whole 30 program and eating Paleo. And not cheating!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Have you ever met anyone online before meeting them in person? Yes, I have. Back in the late 90’s at my college it was a very acceptable way to meet people, through our school BBS. I’ve also met people I’ve played online games with and through my husband’s work in virtual worlds/games I met his future coworkers online before he was hired and then we met them all in person.
2. What is your opinion on social media’s impact on our society? Does it make life better or worse? It’s both. I think that it’s great to be able to be so open, and to be able to connect so easily with people from around the world, or people you may have lost touch with. But, I have to say I’ve been absolutely shocked at the statements people make online – even if I’ve known them forever! The dark side is the veil of anonymity allows people to have no filter and no regards for the impact in what they say. I think the manners and cordialness we pay one another face to face is very valuable, and to have that stripped away is kind of heartbreaking. Is it exposing the worst of humanity? Encourgaing it to get worse? I can’t say, but it make me very uncomfortable.
3. Do you believe that it’s possible to fall in love with someone that you’ve never met in person? I don’t. I think you can learn a lot about one another without meeting, even getting past the awkwardness faster and learning important personal details that may take longer to elucidate in person. But at the end of the day, it’s chemistry and timing. And chemistry is often only a face to face thing.
4. Do you prefer to shop in stores or online? I prefer to shop in stores when possible. Online shopping makes some things much easier and sometimes cheaper to find, but I love poking around shops. Feeling items with my hands and seeing their actual size and seeing the items in context is very important.
5. What blogging platform do you use? (WordPress, Blogger, something else?) I use WordPress. I’ve played with Blogger and Tumblr, but I prefer WordPress.
6. Have you ever blogged for another site? Would you? I’ve contributed to my husband’s blog a few years ago. I’ve also written a guest post for a friend’s beauty blog after I went to a warehouse sale and took photos. Last year I contributed a column to a website dedicated to an online game. I have no problem with contributing for another blog as long as I have something to say.
7. Do you use services like Netflix and Hulu? I use Netflix. It’s a great way to catch up on TV series. It is frustrating that there are not more newer movies available for streaming. I love just being able to find a movie I’ve heard of but missed and catch it on a random night.
8. Would you prefer to get blog comments or to interact on twitter? I love blog comments because it means someone actually read what I have to say! But, I do like using Twitter for interacting. It’s way easier for me to comment back or answer a question on Twitter.
9. Do you prefer to read books or e-books? Both are fine, but unless I’m traveling, I like real books. Maybe it’s the smell.
10. Share at least one experience that you would not have had without being a blog author. Well, I’m certainly not a very notable blog author. I did miss a chance to do something cool. I was contacted on my blog to test and review a product, but I dropped the ball on that and missed out. Perhaps in the future.