I’m a scientist by training and mindset. I like to do one thing at a time and evaluate the result. But I’m throwing out scientific methodology and I’m going to do everything like it was the last time I could.
My Whole30 was the first time I have had a significant weight loss since we lived it Atlanta. Sure it disrupted the hell out of my life for 30 days, but 14 lb is NOTHING to sneeze at.
In my time off Whole30 I’ve definitely struggled to find my groove. I have stepped up my workouts to include more slower pace, higher mileage days. I’m still circuit training, but my diet has been another story.
I didn’t bother with a nice reintroduction period after Day 31. I just jumped back in to what I would have eaten before. (I did wait until AFTER my 5K race to break my paleofast.) While the things I eat normally aren’t terrible, I do over indulge. My efforts to get back on track haven’t really taken hold.
So I’m throwing things at the wall, so to speak, to see what sticks.
1. I’m getting B vitamin shots. I’ve started seeing a naturopathic doctor here in SoCal. How very SoCal of me, right? I’m getting Skinny Shots at Bloom health, which include B-6, B-12, methionine, choline, and inisitol. The idea is improved liver function supported by these vitamins will help fat metabolism, etc. I’m trying this because I know I’m really vitamin deficient and I more than suspect it is because my digestive tract isn’t working properly. So supplements do not help me much and the diet changes are slow going.
2. I’m also working with my new doctor to fix my digestive system. Right now I’m doing a bunch of testing and eventually I’m going to do a detox with her. It will be 30 days of eating like Whole30, with additional restrictions and a mandatory shake/supplement schedule. I’m really ready to try whatever I have to do get this under control.
3. My circuit training class has been completely changed. Instead of basically going to a class with my trainer where I am the only student, I have been promoted to another circuit training class with about 10 other women run by a kick ass lady trainer. Today was my first workout with them. Holy stairs, Batman! 24 flights! Lots of other hellish exercises, but I really hate stairs. Outside, in the sun, after the marine layer burned off. I’m hoping that the change up helps kick me in to gear.
**I’m totally going to miss my trainer and when I found out my class was suspended, I was super sad. I’ve been working with him for over a year and half. He knows me, how I work, what I’m good at, what I can do, what I don’t think I can do, but I can. He can look at me and tell I need a juice box.
4. I’m doing a 6 week Beachbody challenge. I’m using the Turbo Fire cardio system and Shakeology. I have a great coach and a Facebook support group. I think I need the structure and the accountability. I also need to be immersed in “my tribe” to see this through. Turbo Fire is freaking hard! I’m really not the most coordinated person so the choreography is a challenge, even when it’s just basic.
5. I’m sure I’ll think of something crazy to throw in to the mix!