I had another fun-filled weekend with my spouse. For once we didn’t have a crazy schedule, so it was nice to relax together. Only being with him on the weekend is tough. I think it’s harder now than it was when we started this. We aren’t ready to make any changes to our status. He loves his job, I still don’t want to move, we still have our condo to consider. But I have a feeling there’s a reckoning on the horizon.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Questions and Answers:
1. What is a typical weekday like for you? I’m solo during the week and my schedule is pretty variable. I get up and do some computer work, have breakfast, go to my Circuit Training class 2 days a week. Recover, have lunch, more work on the computer. Dinner, clean-up around the house. Pretty boring.
2. Name one song that never fails to make you happy and one song that you always listen to when you’re sad. “What is Love?” by Haddaway is my joy song. Yes, I do the head bop thing. When I’m sad, I usually go to something by Dido like “White Flag”.
3. Did you watch the VMA’s last night? No. I checked out the running commentary online when it was playing on the East Coast. I did check out a couple of videos of performances after the fact. Destiny Hope was a train wreck. I can’t believe her mom was applauding and standing up. Mine would have hit me into next week.
4. Share at least two (skills) that you possess. (I think this what you meant, Kenlie.) I’m great at picking out discrepancies in things. My memory is excellent. It’s a little annoying. I’m also really good at shooting a basketball with my back to the basket. One of those weird things!
5. Share one thing that you wish you had the confidence to do. I know this is kind of a stretch, but I wish I had the confidence in myself to make a decision about my career, see it through and stick with it.
6. Tell us about one insecurity that people might be surprised that you have. I grew up in a trailer. It was a nice trailer, and my parents bought it new when I was 2 years old, but I’ve always been embarrassed at the connotation of a trailer. My husband likes to tell friends about how my parents have a trailer for a house and a massive garage because he thinks it’s an amusing oxymoron. Family’s home could fit 7 times over in garage. But, it really makes me sad.
7. If you could be the CEO of any company, which one would you choose to lead? I LOVE 23andMe. Genetics are a passion of mine and I think personal genetics and personalized medicine will be the future. I’d work for them in any capacity in a heart beat.
8. List at least three hobbies that make you happy. Happy hobbies include: gardening in my small patio, giving hair/makeup/clothing makeovers, and getting lost on purpose to figure out a new town.
9. Is there someone in your life that you wish you could say “I love you” to? Not really. I tell people I love them often. Obviously my husband and my parents, but I make sure my friends know, too.
10. Share one cool thing that happened over the weekend. My husband, my friend from home, and I all went to the gym at the same time. We had 3 treadmills. It was the single-most concentrated Maine population gets in Southern California. It was fun. I got in over an hour and decent mileage. Made me a happy girl.