Argh! This set of questions is going to be PAINFUL. I’m on Day 24 of the Whole30/Paleo Cleanse and I’m definitely having trouble NOT thinking about all the food in the world I can’t eat.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Do you make grocery lists? I really don’t. If I’m making a certain dish, I’ll write down things I need, but my normal grocery store visits are by the seat of my pants, which usually means more trips for the things I forgot.
2. Do you have a routine when shopping in your favorite grocery store? Yes, but I have a routine for doing EVERYTHING. I always have to walk in the same door and start at produce. Even if I’m not getting produce, I walk through it. Lately it’s been produce and meat, trying to avoid the bakery as much as possible!
3. What is your favorite seasoning? I have one I make myself. It’s garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cayenne, chili powder, ancho chili powder, and paprika.
4. What is the healthiest food in your fridge right now? Ugh, what’s isn’t! Actually, probably more than I think! I have a lot of vegetables right now and a great crudite mix from True Food kitchen that I brought home last night.
5. What is the most unhealthy food in your fridge now? My husband bought one of those new Starbucks coffee milk drinks. He’s had some, I’m about to throw it away. I haven’t had any, but he said it actually wasn’t very good, so I don’t feel to bad. Coffee milk can we wonderful! We used to drink it when we lived in New England.
6. What is the most exotic produce you’ve ever had? I had a salad with chayote in it once. I think it’s a cactus.
7. Tell us about your favorite local restaurant. I’ve been trying to stay away from restaurants while Paleo, but I’ve broken down a couple times. True Food Kitchen is really amazing. Everything is fresh and prepared so flavorful. They definitely are a healthy type of restaurant. And I was able to get some good Paleo options. They have great gluten free stuff, too. In fact, their gluten free pita breads are so good – better than their normal pita bread. Their hummus is my #1 favorite.
8. What kind of pasta do you prefer (regular, whole wheat, etc.?) I like fresh regular pasta. I can deal with whole wheat, but I do prefer white, even with its evils.
9. If you could make one food calorie-free for an entire week, which food would you choose? Okay, this is being totally subjective because I’m craving stuff, but OMG, I’d love to be able to have pizza for a whole week with no consequences!
10. If you had to choose would you rather give up french fries or chocolate? Since I can’t have either now, that’s hard. I love salty stuff, but chocolate is the pillar of the female diet. I guess, I’d give up french fries if I have the choice, but I’d be torn about it.